Monday, May 30, 2011

Sundried tomato and garlic hummus

I am not a big fan of hummus. I have tried a lot of different kinds and still didn't think I would ever like it. Well I decided to give it a try and found a recipe that I could make. I changed it a little bit, but it turned out fabulous. I used pita chips to dip into it and I have already made it again. :)

Sundried Tomato and Garlic Hummus

1 can of garbanzo beans (aka chick peas)
1/2 jar of sun dried tomatoes in oil in a jar (comes in an 8 oz jar so use 4 oz) (top of shelf most places)
1-4 cloves of garlic (I used 1-2 cloves) depends on what you like
lemon juice (to taste)
extra virgin olive oil (a few tablespoons)
basil (a few leaves) depends on what you like

In a food processor, add garbanzo beans, sun dried tomatoes, basil and garlic. Pulse while gradually adding olive oil and lemon juice. Blend until desired consistency.

Makes around 4 cups.

As you can see, this recipe can be changed according to what you like. Garlic is very strong so I didn't use as much. I also didn't add a lot of basil to the recipe. :)

1 comment: