Garlic Shrimp Pasta
-1 lb medium shrimp, deveined and tails removed
-1 lb spaghetti noodles (more or less, depending on family size)
-6 -8 garlic cloves, according to personal taste, minced
-1/4 cup butter
-olive oil (3 drizzles)
-fresh ground pepper
-herbs-I used parsley (according to taste)
1. Boil pasta in water till tender, save 1 cup of pasta water for use later. I always put some oil, salt, and fresh herbs in with my pasta when I boil it. Drain and set aside when done.
2. While pasta is boiling, wash shrimp.
3. Melt butter over medium heat. Add shrimp.
4. Let cook till a little pink and starting to curl. Then add garlic.
5. Cook 5-7 min., add oil. Continue to stir till shrimp is pink and curled.
6. Add pasta to skillet. Add seasonings. Add just enough saved pasta water till it is not dry but not swimming in liquid either. Depending on amount of pasta this requires 1/2 the cup or all of it. Start with adding 1/4 of it then work up from there.
7. Keep tossing all ingredients around in skillet till all is incorporated and hot. Enjoy!
I got this Recipe from Food.com. It was light and just what I wanted!