Kyle and I decided to cook dinner in for Valentines. The day before we made chocolate covered strawberries and red velvet cake balls. They turned out great. Here is the awesome recipe from Bakerella! http://www.bakerella.com/red-velvet-cake-balls/
Red Velvet Cake Balls
1 box red velvet cake mix (cook as directed on box for 13 X 9 cake)
1 can cream cheese frosting (16 oz.)
1 package chocolate bark (regular or white chocolate)
1. After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.
2. Mix thoroughly with 1 can cream cheese frosting. (It may be easier to use fingers to mix together, but be warned it will get messy.)3. Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet. (Should make 45-50. You can get even more if you use a mini ice cream scooper, but I like to hand roll them.)
4. Chill for several hours. (You can speed this up by putting in the freezer.)
5. Melt chocolate in microwave per directions on package.
6. Roll balls in chocolate and lay on wax paper until firm. (Use a spoon to dip and roll in chocolate and then tap off extra.)
I forgot to take a picture.....go figure.
Mom and I spent the day decorating the dining room and table. It turned out great.....
Dad grilled steaks while mom and I did the twice baked potatoes and green beans wrapped in bacon. Kyle found a recipe for a crab sauce to put on top of the steaks. I don't have the recipe...but it turned out delicious. We had a great Valentines Day! :)