Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Snow/Ice day foods

i have been cooking/eating all kinds of comfort/cold weather foods the past few weeks. Last week, mom and I made homemade nachos and smores. They were delicious. I love love love making homemade guacamole so I was excited to make it for the nachos. The smores were fun to make over the fire. Oh and I can't forget.....we stayed in our pj's ALL DAY LONG. Hooray! We also made Valentine Day cards! Super excited about how they turned out. Don't worry..I took pics. I will share them next week! :)

This week....I made chicken, broccoli and rice casserole.

Ingredients:
-3 boneless, skinless, chicken breast, cooked and cut up
-2 cups of brown rice, cooked
-3 cups of fresh broccoli, steamed
-1 can cream of mushroom soup
-1 cup colby-jack cheese, shredded
-1 cup of sliced, fresh mushrooms

Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients including 3/4 cup shredded cheese.
2. Salt and pepper to taste.
3. Top with remaining 1/4 cheese.
4. Bake in oven 350 for 30 minutes of until bubbly.

Makes 6 servings.

It turned out great!

Mom made the Weight Watchers Potato Soup. I'm not a big fan of soup and so I was nervous when mom said she was doing soup.

Potato Soup

Ingredients
-1 package Ora Ida frozen O'brein Potatoes
-3 16 oz Cans of Garlic Seasoned Chicken Broth
-1 package Pioneer Fat Free Country Gravy

Preparation
1. Place entire package of potatoes in saucepan.

2. Add 2 cans of chicken broth and bring to a boil.

3. Mix third can of chicken broth with gravy package and whisk unitil dissolved.

4. Add gravy mixture to potatoes and broth, stirring until blended.

5. Simmer until hot.

6. Serve.

It turned out delicious.

Well...it looks like we will be having another snow/ice day tomorrow. Wonder what I can cook up......

No comments:

Post a Comment