Here are some things going on now and in August:
1. Kyle will be starting a new job tomorrow at a local university. :)
2. My birthday is next month!
3. I will finish up another quarter of grad school! :) Im looking forward to my classes in the fall.
4. August is one month closer to fall. (football, cooler weather, and of course decorating)
5. I have a lot of craft ideas that I can't wait to start working on! :) (Pinterest is the coolest website. Check it out when you have a few hours....you will need it)
6. My phone finally went ka-put. I sucked it up and went ahead and got a new phone. I'm now up to date with the I-Phone 4. :)
Recipe I used to make a friend's birthday cake:
Strawberry Cake with Strawberry Lemonade Cream Cheese Icing
-1 box classic white cake mix
-1 1/4 c water
-3/4 c egg beaters
-3 TBS all natural applesauce
-2-3 TBS lemon juice
-1/2 c sugar free strawberry preserves
-1 (8 oz) container low fat strawberry cream cheese
-1 (8 oz) container sugar free fat free cool whip
-3/4-1 c splenda
-1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325. Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, water and egg beaters.
3. With mixer, beat at low to med speed until well incorporated.
4. Add applesauce, lemon juice, and preserves to mix and beat at med speed until smooth.
5. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 34-38 min.
6. While cake is baking, make the icing by combining all icing ingredients at low-med speed until smooth and creamy.
7. Once cake has baked and cooled, pour icing on top of cake and refrigerate approximately 2-3 hours. Enjoy.